Thread: The Great Cultivation Bore

The Great Cultivation Bore

Hi, herewith a rather urgent suggestion on cultivation.

The past months I have spent time cultivating my Pink heroes. To get them up to par did cost quite a ridiculous amount of time. Time in which I could not chat while online or play the game.
    Then came the Golden heroes. Since I got a few of these, I am realizing how much time these cost, while doing nothing in the game , except still cultivating the 1st one.

It is just shocking how many clicks it takes to get anywhere!

Please step into the player's shoes and think about culting several THOUSANDS of points with 1 positive out of 10 culting clicks, yielding on average no more than a few points. That means tens of thousands of clicks required to max a hero out at any given level he is at. Especially Golden ones.

If it were something one can do while doing something else, heck, it might not be so troublesome, but one cannot.

The facts are:
    - cultivating breaks down a very important element of the game: chatting and socializing
    - cultivating is demotivating, because it is incredibly boring & far too time consuming
    Hence, cultivating is so NOT-interesting and so NOT-fun!

Here is a suggestion on improving this terrible element of the game:

>>>with increasing level and higher amounts of points needed, increase the amount of point per click to be earned. From a certain level onward, you could simply multiply the costs and results by 5 or 10, so that at least the clicks are worth some points that matter on the total.

The aggravating and annoying issue is: getting +5 on 1 attribute and a -3 on the other you are cultivating => avg +2 total after 10 tries...
    Do the math on a golden hero that went from level 115 to level 120:
    10 tries equal 30 clicks
    1 point thus equals 15 clicks.
    I.e. still 3000 points needed after already hours of culting spend (say 1700 on 1 attribute and 1300 on the other)
    => this amounts to 3000x 15 clicks = 45000 clicks
    Add a few miss-clicks on save/remain and you can round it up to 50000
    50000 (FIFTY THOUSEND) clicks to max the hero I am working and on ONLY for his current level increase.
    And I have several of these golden heroes to cult...

However ... this hero won't stay at this level. In a month I will have to cult again and spend a 100000 clicks. And a month later a 150000 or 200000 clicks.

But let's just stay with the 50000 clicks still to go now. Say it costs 2 secs average to make the 3 clicks required per try and choose whether to 'save' or 'remain'. These 50k clicks then already make 27hrs of culting... 27 hours of CLICKING on a deadly boring screen

It is a reason to give up... because without the culting the heroes are useless.

Please do something about it, as it is ruining the game, the chat and my available game time.
    I want to have fun developing my heroes; the prospect of spending 3 workdays per week per hero, just culting, is exactly NOT that.

A simple solution would be to five-fold or tenfold the results (and costs), so at least the clicks yield something meaningful and not just 0.1 pro-mille of the required amount per click.

I really hope you will do something about it!

Pontus

I agree, its too boring and too expensive. I have asked Leo several times to change something.

But 27 hours is not very accurate. I have spent maybe 4 or 5 on my 146 Modi, culting 2 stats. And over 100 milion silver. So still way too long and too much silver though. The level up is now so slow that i spent less then 10 minutes a week on culting him. But.... afte reincarantion it will be a looooonnnngg process to recult
    Willow - SilverAngels - s9, m5, M6
    Willow - Peace - Server 53
    PGM
    still waiting for patience...

"All that is gold does not glimmer, not all those who wander are lost"

Quote Originally Posted by cog_219355 View Post
    I agree, its too boring and too expensive. I have asked Leo several times to change something.

But 27 hours is not very accurate. I have spent maybe 4 or 5 on my 146 Modi, culting 2 stats. And over 100 milion silver. So still way too long and too much silver though. The level up is now so slow that i spent less then 10 minutes a week on culting him. But.... afte reincarantion it will be a looooonnnngg process to recult
    Ya, that's approximate the same values that I had for my Thor: around 4 hours + 150+ mio for lvl 149. Not sure if I will ever reincarnate him since I am really not looking forward to start over again with cultivation. It simply takes too long and is way too boring -.-

i dare devs to lvlup any golden hero to,lets say lvl 120, and culti 2 desired stats to max and then say how great it was

all in pot numbers, golds lvl quicker than pinks, pinks quicker than red. etc etc

I hope Leo read this , I did write about this too but not so much detail,.. so hope Leo read this one lol
    IGN PooH
    wsgame
    server 1
    current provider : Joyheat

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Morse.Heppy View Post
    I hope Leo read this , I did write about this too but not so much detail,.. so hope Leo read this one lol
    Hi I will check this.

Hi Leo, it's been a few weeks. Is there any fix to this coming soon? Or should we just keep falling asleep at the cultivating screen and not playing the game ?

Just as a note, I'm good with nap time. It saves me from playing the game and possibly recharging... so if you are ok with that, I'm ok with nap time too

Leo can we get a discount on cultivating since we have these new gold heros to cultivate?
    poonminator Miniclip S1

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Hi I will check this.
    Translation: "Ha, Ha, Ha, F-U"

On a serious note Leo, Cultivation HAS TO BE CHANGED!

At the very least, remove the pathetic code that makes it harder and harder to get positive results as you get to a higher % of the max cultivation.

Refer to the original post for this thread to understand that we aren't going to use gold to cultivate. Okay, sure, someone will, but that rare person isn't going to spend money on second and third reincarnation that all of the rest using silver are.

Honestly, make it EASY and FAR LESS BORING to get cultivation done. The game design now forces us to do it. I know high level, spending players that quit over this feature and the constant introduction of new heroes. His words when saying goodbye, "F*** them if they think I am going to cultivate another God D***ed hero!"

I am close to saying the same thing. I have over 200 million silver right now and several heroes that need cultivation. Cultivation is boring and time consuming. Combine that with the fact that I have limited time to play so it is Abyss2 first (yes, I am high enough level that this is where to get xp), dungeons (160 Fantasy rooms do not give silver Leo, please fix that, only bosses give silver, seriously, FIX THAT), and then maybe loop quests or other things. I spend Leo, but I am ready to stop spending.

<joke time>
    Darn it Leo!, Cultivation is so damned hard on my wrist, and, hey, let's face it man, I am married, that means I need that wrist for, you know, "other things" ...
    </joke time>

Seriously, take away the code that makes it harder as your % of max cult increases, make it cheap as hell, and maybe even 10x and 100x buttons or something because cultivation is absolute hell and that leaves my pretty new gold heroes on the slow train. This means you get no money spent on 2nd and 3rd reincarnation. Make it pathetically easy to cultivate and you will see the amount spent on reincarnations jump significantly.