Warning: Im still getting new info about this and am editing this as I get new conclusions. Some old ones proved to be wrong, sorry about that.
Almost all has now been double checked and proven right, the only thing that is still not quite sure is the attribute bonus when reincarnating.
When reincarnating a pet, this is what happens:
- Its maximum possible aptitudes will be increased by 10%.
- Current aptitudes stay the same.
- The pet will gain bonus points to its attributes which is equal to 10% of its base attributes (no gear, no dawnbreaker) before the reincarnation.
- Only the xp the pet has towards its next level will be used to regrow the reborn pet.
- The pet will not loose its taming boost %
- You do not have to take off the pets outfit when reincarnating, it will just stay on.
So, if you reincarnate your pet at level 40 you will gain less bonus points to its attributes then when you reincarnate the same pet at level 60. The xp loss is huge though, in my opnion not worth the few bonus points, but thats for all players to decide for themselves.
The pet aptitude pills do a good job increasing the pets aptitude with 1 point each, which is then used to recalculate the pets current stats:
Timo old: http://prntscr.com/adwqtg
Timo with agi + 1: http://prntscr.com/adwr4p
The +1 agi did recalculate all the way back to lvl 1! (a red pet gains aptitude*0,516 points per level, so this one should have gained 18 agi points and it did)
So it does not matter at which level you use these pills.
It does matter if you use the pills before or after reincarnating. If you do it before, your attribute bonus for reincarnating will be higher.